Thai Moon Knife Set
Made by Thai blacksmiths in a traditional style and method, our Thai Moon Knife set will have a place of honor in your kitchen. This carbon steel Thai knife set is a must have for creative kitchens. Each knife set is packaged in a perfectly fitted bamboo box.
A Powerful Duo
This pair of uniquely shaped, hand-forged chef knives are professionally made for a variety of cuts.
The lightweight, carbon steel Moon Knife (named for its round shape) allows for a longer cut. Its light, thin blade makes it ideal for preparing coconut, watermelon, hard-skinned fruits - and, all meat.
The straight edged Slice Knife combines the duties of both a chef's knife and a cleaver for precision tasks like mincing and paper-thin slicing.
Meet our Blacksmiths
About 200 years ago, blacksmiths made beautiful, intricate swords for the Thai-Burma war. Today, they make chef knives. A whole community is involved in a different part of the steel forging process! Families form co-operatives and have skilled workers dedicated to forging, grinding, stamping, woodwork, and finishing. Learn more about them here.
- Never put in the dishwasher
- Due to the nature of carbon steel, this knife will eventually form patina. This is normal and can help prevent rust.
- To avoid rusting, dry thoroughly after hand washing in warm, soapy water. Do not put away until fully dry.
- Store away from humidity in the bamboo box provided.
- Use Japanese Waterstones to sharpen your knife-never on a hot grinder or belt sander. Find a reputable sharpener experienced in knives.
- We recommend a protective layer of oil *olive, vegetable, canola) on the exposed carbon steel. Apply after washing and drying.
- Any Rust should be removed immediately so it doesn't spread. Use rust cleaner for light rust, or rust eraser/fine grit sandpaper for heavier rust.
11.5" L (with handle) x 4" W x 1.5 centimeters H-Moon Knife
10" L (with handle) x 2.5" W x 1 centimeter H - Slice Knife
13" L x 2 " H X 7.5" W - Box
*Please note that due to the handmade nature of the products, sizes are approximate.