Small Lolly Basket
Sign in or create account to view wholesale pricing
A smaller version of the medium sized wall baskets¬†but just as impactful. Add variation to your dramatic wall display or use as the perfect catch-all on your dresser. Part of the Spring/Summer 2021 Collection in rich colors of¬†Smoked Oyster, Camel Ride and Sparkling Lake.¬†
Handcrafted by women artisans from the Batoro tribe living in the very rural mountains of Western Uganda. These weavers are a part of a cooperative that provides training to single mothers, widows and other marginalized women who are subsistence farmers and weave baskets to provide¬†additional¬†income.
- Made from all natural, sustainably sourced raffia and banana fibers.
- Unique, bold mix of natural and AZO free dyes - Natural dyes are made from various plant materials grown in artisan‚Äôs villages. The women grow, harvest and make all the natural dyes which take a great deal of knowledge and skill to produce.¬†
- The hand-dyed raffia is twisted and wrapped around coils of banana fibers, creating structure and intricate designs.
- Hanging loop on back allows basket to be wall decor in addition to tabletop use
- Weavers hand make each basket from home while tending to other household duties. Baskets can take days to weeks to complete with artists weaving 3 or so hours per day while balancing other responsibilities.
- No two baskets are identical - there will be slight variations in size and color from the one shown due to the handmade nature of each product. Each basket is both special and unique.
HANDMADE IN UGANDA
APPROXIMATE SIZE: 8" x 2"