Madagascar Silk Moth Ornament - Yellow
This exquisite handmade silk moth ornament depicts the Argema mittrei moth, which is a wild silk species in Madagascar¬†whose cocoons we use in our products.¬†Our farmers use a unique sustainable harvesting technique when collecting wild silk cocoons so as not to diminish the¬†local silk population.¬†In fact, every purchase¬†promotes conservation efforts for this endemic species.
This ornament¬†is a perfect holiday decoration, but can also be used as a ready-to-hang miniature artwork.¬†¬†It comes in a lovely kraft box for easy gifting, and includes a tag¬†telling the story of the silk.
- Measures 6‚Äùx5‚Äù
- Made with cultivated mulberry silk cocoons
- Handmade from start to finish in Madagascar
- Slight variations in size and color due to the handcrafted process
- Eco-friendly and Fair Trade Certified
- This product includes one yellow-colored silk moth ornament.
This¬†work of art is sustainably sourced and completely handmade by our artisan group SEPALIM, a poverty alleviation¬†organization in northeastern Madagascar.¬†SEPALIM invests in local leadership and community led initiatives, and works to link artisans and farmers to global markets.¬†100% of the profits from Tanana Silk are returned to our team in Madagascar.