Discover +250 small-batch makers from 50 countries.
Find distinct, responsibly-made products with low MOQs.
Sell before you pay
Apply for $1500 credit and net 60 day terms with PBP FlexPay™
From international communications through fulfillment we take care of it.
Trusted by the retail community.
Handmade goods for a homemade feast
We know buyers, because we have been ones ourselves.
PBP makes it easy for buyers to source distinct, responsibly-made product from diverse, small-batch makers across the globe.
- Discover over 200 makers (and growing) from 46 countries
- Source thousands of distinct products, most of which are customizable
- Low MOV and MOQs
- On-the-ground support
- Plan your buy with our wish-list tool. Save for later or share a link
- Enjoy net 60 payment terms with PBP FlexPay™
Because the majority of our products are coming from overseas, we are not able to provide returns. However, PBP can offer refunds under certain limited circumstances as described below.
- Shipping damage: If a buyer receives a product that was damaged in shipping, please take the following steps:
- Take a video of the shipment box while unboxing.
- Send images to the shipping company as they will be the entity covering the cost or replacement or refund.
- Keep PBP notified and copied on correspondence.
- Check with the shipping company in question to make sure you follow their procedure as they will be issuing the refund.
- Significant delays: Buyers should expect orders within a two-week window and accept orders up to a month. For delays over a month, we encourage buyers to contact PBP to negotiate a discount before cancelling the order altogether.
- Insufficient quality and missing items: In any of these cases, buyers must report the issue within 10 days of receiving the product. If a buyer does not report the issue within this period, the product shall be considered delivered and satisfactory. To report any issue with the order delivered, we would need proof to suitably address your concerns. We therefore request that you take the following steps to ensure that we can provide the fastest, most satisfactory resolution:
- If there is any discrepancy between the sample and the product delivered, we request you to share the image of the product and sample side by side and articulate your specific issue.
- Please share clear image/video from different angles of any defect that you may notice on the product.
We always remind our buyers that handcrafted items will always have a degree of variance compared to factory-made products, it is what makes them unique.
Powered by People is a global team across Africa, Latin and South America, North America, South Asia and the EU with the mission of bringing you the best values-driven, handcrafted makers in the world. Our due diligence includes export-readiness, production quality, capacity and ability to deliver on time.
All PBP maker partners self-report that they are compliant with the following policies:
- No children under the age of 16 are involved in the production process.
- Appropriate standards are put in place to ensure artisan safety.
- Artisans are paid a living wage.
- Do no harm to the planet.
As part of our due diligence, makers confirm their commitment to one or more of our six core values:
- Heritage craft preservation
- Eco-friendly materials
- Product innovation
- Sustainable processes
Step 1: Discover products on the PBP marketplace and add items to your cart. When you are ready to check-out, the system will check your order against the maker's minimum order value (MOV). If the minimum has been reached, the check-out button will be enabled, allowing you to complete check-out. If the maker offers product customization, you can include requests and instructions in the draft order. Please refer to the product page to see if the desired product can be customized.
Step 2: PBP will confirm your order with the maker within 72 hours, along with any special requests and lead times.
Step 3: Once you have confirmed the order details, including your payment details, the order is finalized.
PBP FlexPay™ is credit that you can use to “Pay Later”, extending payment to net 60 days after your order has shipped. This helps to manage your cash flow. If you have exhausted your PBP FlexPay™ credit limit, are not signed up for PBP FlexPay™ or select “Pay Now”, we automatically charge your default method of payment at checkout.
Many makers will opt in for a cash advance to start production and PBP offers this at a 5% fee. We encourage buyers to cover this 5% fee—we call it a Social Responsibility Pay (SRP) —and it enables makers to receive a 50% production advance and the remaining 50% of the order value upon shipping. This schedule is in accordance with payment best practices for the small-batch sector. Buyers can opt in to SRP at checkout.
Step 4: The maker begins production and once the order is ready to be fulfilled, you will receive a confirmation email prior to shipment.
Step 5: Upon shipment, a tracking number will be sent. If you chose Pay Later with FlexPay™, you will also receive an invoice payable within 60 days.
Step 6: Prior to the invoice due date, log in to your account to pay securely or you will automatically be debited 60 days from shipment.
Lead times are indicated on the product page when logged in. Looking for something fast to fill your open to buy? Our Quick Ship offering features in-stock products that are ready to ship from our US warehouse in 48 hours.
Are you a maker? We should talk.
Grow your wholesale business with PBP.Sell on PBP
Net 60 payment terms with PBP FlexPay™
Maintain your cash flow with flexible payments.Learn more
Looking for something?
PBP Concierge is a free service to help you sourceContact PBP Concierge
We are Powered by People
Our mission is to take responsible small-batch mainstream.Learn more